Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

My blood pressure has been running gh last couple of days,

Customer Question

My blood pressure has been running high for the last couple of days, today my readings have been 174/90; 154/80; 189/92; 180/91.
I am a widow and alone and don't know if these high readings should cause me to go to the ER and if so, what would be done to lower these numbers?
Thank you - I am concerned.........
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 5 months ago.

Hello

Welcome to Justanswer website.

Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today.

Yes,you need to go to ER.

The range of systolic blood pressure for most healthy adults falls between 90 and 120 millimeters of mercury (mm Hg). Your systolic blood pressure readings of 174,154,189,180 is very high then normal.

Normal diastolic blood pressure ranges between 60 and 80 mm Hg. Your diastolic blood pressure slightly higher then normal.

An elevation of the systolic and/or diastolic blood pressure increases the risk of developing heart (cardiac) disease, kidney (renal) disease, hardening of the arteries (atherosclerosis or arteriosclerosis), eye damage, and stroke (brain damage).

Although you are already taking Losartan/Hctz 100/25 once a day and Metoprolol 25mgs twice a day,your doctor may increase the dosage of present medication &/or add another anti hypertensive medication accordingly.

So bot***** *****ne is that should not wait anymore & go to ER.You may be given more anti hypertensive medications accordingly to lower these numbers and also restrict your salt intake .

Hope this helped

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 5 months ago.

Dear customer

Is there anything else that you would like to know. , I am happy to address your follow-up questions.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 5 months ago.

Dear customer

I hope my answers helped.If you still have any questions,I am happy to answer you further.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh