Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO

If my nails are lslightly clubbed and bulbous thanks to

If my nails are lslightly clubbed and bulbous thanks to smoking heavily the last ten years and not eating and or eating right when I do eat as well as not being a tenth as active as I always used to be before ten years ago when something life changes I can't point out thanks to mental derailment and dissociation , but I still have diamond window when I do schamroth test is there anyway that if I become active again maybe my blood pumping vigorously can cause my nails to improve some ? Seems like sometimes when I don't smoke at all they improve some but they also seem to have worsened since last time I've noticed improvement thanks to smoking a lot the past few weeks? I am very stressed over this thanks to how ugly my nails in my right hand especially look as well as the fact that clubbed nails or nail changes signify native internal health when is not thanks to the changes being hereditary if you get what I mean and if I'm right ? Any info greatly appreciated life been killing me for years thanks to how everything I see hear a feel no matter who I'm with it where I go bringing the worst out of me , I'm totally not myself and haven't been in years
I was always healthy even think smoked by living a healthy lifestyle good nutritious foods exercising regularly by waking biking etc and most of all keeping my cigarette habit under control which hasn't been the case in years !!!!!! Thanks k life changing in ways that threw me off point and out of focus mentally to the point I can't even hell somebody like doctors or some type of professional or friend or family help me get back on track where I can take care of myself as need be to sty healthy as possible while alive
I feel the damage done is bad enough to just give up eventho I'm only alive 36 years but I feel like I'm at the 46 year mark thanks to how aggressively I've smoked the lat ten and half years ! Any opinion and advice would be great hopefully bring me some peace of mind which I haven't had in years which had caused all I'm asking about

Hi, Dr. Stan here to help. From the pictures I can't really say that it is "clubbing." Smoking is not good for anyone, as you already know. Normal function can return in 10-15 years if you stop smoking. You may want to see your doctor for evaluation and while there discuss your feelings. You will benefit from counseling and medication. I hope this is helpful and I am here to answer any additional questions you may have. Please provide a positive rating of 3-5 stars.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Do you see the downward bending of my fingernails and the wavy sped bump looking hump in the middle of my nail plate? Also the lifting off the nail bed of the tip of my nail ? My nails definitely not normal in appearance and valse compared to other men's nails or what my own nails were like before! They really stress me even just thank to the cosmetic aspect of my nail regardless of internal health as crazy and this may sound

I really do understand your distress. May I suggest you get a manicure. This may make you feel better about the appearance of your hands.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Manicure i don't think will help will it ?

A manicure will enhance the appearance of your hands and fingernails, so yes it will help.

Have you arranged to get a manicure?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No not yet

It's an inexpensive treatment and one that may make you feel good.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I know I used to regularly get manicures before losing myself mentally and then destroying my beautiful hands and nails by smoking way too much

Then you know a manicure will make your hands look better and make you feel better as well.

did you ever get the manicure?