Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice

Well, I was just looking answer strong metalic smell of my

Customer Question

Well, I was just looking for an answer for the strong metalic smell of my feces. I've has extreme diarrhea since about 7:00 last night, and the smell is stronger. The bouts of flux are not letting up, and I'm exhausted. But, this distinct odor has been with me for weeks. Any ideas?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I take generic Claritin and Flonase. Also, fish oil, vitamin D, and coQ10, but not the last few days. I haven't been to a doctor. Ironically, I'm a drug rep, and am too busy to go see my own family practioner. Ugh.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Every one of my father's siblings, including him, have had their gall bladder removed. Also, I had mucosal colitis after my hysterectomy in November 2014. Other than that,nothing comes to mind.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 3 months ago.

I would recommend that you consult your doctor right away. I would have concern that you may be having GI bleeding as a possible cause. I think you should have stool checked for blood , check blood counts for possible anemia -- check serum iron. Blood in stool has a characteristic smell and may fit your description

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback

Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Your history of colitis increases concern ...

Recent diarrhea may indicate more urgency in potential....