Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM.Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine

My wife is going thru extreme cycles of nausea. She has

Customer Question

My wife is going thru extreme cycles of nausea. She has thrown up everything out of her stomach. She has low blood sugar and low blood pressure.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 3 months ago.

Im sorry to hear about your wife. Considering that she has low blood pressure as well as low blood sugar that is a clear indication that you need to take her to the ER. The low blood pressure is very likely due to severe dehydration. This would also cause loss of potassium from the body which can lead to the anxious feeling in her legs as well as weakness and in severe cases temporary paralysis. While gatorade would be useful but since she is throwing up everything and cant take anything , she needs IV fluids. If you could take orally gatorade at home then she would have been fine. But at the moment she needs togo to the ER or urgent care center for IV fluids and a evaluation. She might also need IV anti emetic drugs to control the vomiting. I would urge you to take her to the ER as soon as possible as low blood pressure and low blood sugar can be dangerous.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

Would you to know anything else? If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.