Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution

I've just sustained an avulsion fracture of the fibula. my

Customer Question

I've just sustained an avulsion fracture of the fibula. my digestion is not good because I've had an ileostomy and a takedown including removal of a significant amount of small intestine 3 years ago. I know I need more help with nutrition in order to heal well than most folks. any suggestions?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: yes. i am in a boot but the PA that saw me this morning was abrupt and seemed unwilling to discuss this, or perhaps just not familiar with what it means to have short gut. I do drink ensure and always cook for myself and never eat junk or fast food.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I am 57, not a diabetic, do not have high blood pressure, but have had a number of fractures including cspine, scapula, 8 ribs. collarbone and kneecap, all before my ileostomy.
JA: When was last time you had a check up? Is there a history of high blood pressure in your family?
Customer: I just had my yearly in May, cholesterol was normal, chest xray normal. I see the doctor at vanderbilt in Nashville for interstitial cystitis, and went just last week for my yearly there. they have me very well controlled on estrace cream and valium vaginal supossitories. I've seen them for 20 years.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for this question

The key in this healing right is going to be protein

How much protein do you eat per day?

Thanks for this question

please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it.
​if you have more questions, just reply. :)