Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc

My blood test showed 159 as far as sugar goes does that make

Customer Question

My blood test showed 159 as far as sugar goes does that make me a diabetic I don't know what my AIC is as I have not spoken to my doctor yet Plus I have a terrible burning and itching around my Vagina could that be do to the sugar increase
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 3 months ago.

If the 159 was fasting, it is diabetic.

If it was after a meal, it is not a useful measure.

It would not directly cause the itching, but you would be more likely to get yeast infections if you are diabetic.

That needs to be examined.

I would have this done today.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here

Expert:  James-cssm replied 3 months ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.