Nadim Al-Mubarak
Nadim Al-Mubarak,
Experience:  MD at University Hospital Case Medical Center

55 my tosh is 0.54Hi, I just got my labs back and my. Free

Customer Question

55 my tosh is 0.54Hi, I just got my labs back and my. Free t4 is 1.5
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Sorry , free t4 is1.5 tsh is 0.54, and cortisol is 6.0. I had radioactive iodine in late October. My endocronologist says I'm in normal range, why don't I feel good and why do my feet hurt and my hair falling out?
JA: When was the last time you had your levels checked? Have you noticed any weight loss or weight gain?
Customer: Weight gai, and im on levithyroxone 150
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 3 months ago.

You are in the perfect range.

This is not thyroid.

If you are male, and aging, this can account for hair loss.

If you do not feel well, hormonally, sex hormone imbalance can be the reason, male or female.

We can not tell you what is wrong with you, of course, since we can not examine you or to desting.

But if you think it is hormonal, as your endocrinologist to check a sex hormone panel and SHBG.

There are many reasons you can have these symptoms....not just hormones.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
How much did this cost me?

We have no involvement with your fees at just answer.

We are paid by just answer per positive rating.

Please do that so that I am paid.

Address any financial questions to customer service.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Expert:  Nadim Al-Mubarak replied 3 months ago.

• You thyroid is within normal range. Your symptoms are unlikely to be hormonal and we should not discount the judgement of your endocrinologist. He/She are in a better position than we are assessing your symptoms from the hormonal point of view. We are not in a position to give him advise. However, you can ask him this question, above, during your next office visit with him
  • You should also check with your family doctor regarding these symptoms, your feet and your fatigue. There are many other reasons and causes for these symptoms, like Vit D deficiency, arthritis etc. You family doctor should be able to help you with this

Best wishes