Nadim Al-Mubarak
Nadim Al-Mubarak,
Experience:  MD at University Hospital Case Medical Center
16855155

Started generic celesta 10mg 6 days ago. Have had diarrhea,

Customer Question

Started generic celesta 10mg 6 days ago. Have had diarrhea, no appetite, still feeling anxious which I know r side effects to be expected. This morning I am also having feeling of chest & face getting hot which is a scary feeling so just want to know if I should continue taking the medication or what I should do. Of course this happens on a Saturday when I can't call my doctor. How long do these side effects last? Just want to feel better.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 5 months ago.

Hi

It can take up to 6 weeks to stabilize on this medicine.

The new symptoms warrant an exam.

At age 52, certain conditions [heart problems for example] are underdiagnosed in women.

Go to urgent care, make sure you are OK.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

Expert:  Nadim Al-Mubarak replied 5 months ago.

Greetings

• First, you symptoms may not be related to the Celesta, and they do need to be evaluated, not urgently
  • If they are truly related the celesta, these symptoms are not the type that would go away without stopping the drug. Once the drug is stopped, they should resolve within 2-3 days
  • If you are taking the medication for insomnia, and only took it for 6 days, there is no harm in putting it on hold for now until you talk to your doctor on Tuesday

Best Wishes