Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I have had a kidney infection days. I am taking PROMOX 500 3

Customer Question

I have had a kidney infection for 3 days. I am taking PROMOX 500 3 TIMES A DAY FOR A DAY AND A HALF, i am still experiencing a lot of back pain and a burning sensation on my front lower abdominal. Fevers is better I have had very little nausea. Is it to early to be concerned? Thank you. I was wondering if I need to go to emergency, Advil works for the pain.
PS I am a very slow typist. Sorry, Thank you very much for your time.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 12 months ago.

Thank you for your question.

If your symptoms have not improved with three days of an antibiotic, it needs to be changed.

I would strongly recommend that you be seen again as your symptoms have not improved significantly as far as I am concerned.

Proxmox is not a very effective pill for urine or kidney infections.

you may need something like bactrim or ciprofloxacin or something else.

This session is open for any further questions that you may have.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.
Kindest regards

Expert:  Dr. David replied 12 months ago.

This is Dr. David

the best way to pick the proper antibiotic is to use a urinalysis and urine culture and sensitity panel to tell what antibioitc the infection is sensitive to

kidney infections will shed bacteria into the urine

you need a proper urinalysis and urine culture and a sensitivity and resistance panel to be performed on your urine

this will tell if your bacterial infection is sensitive to PROMOX which is amoxicillin or if you need other antibiotics to treat an infection.

some infections require IV antibiotics for treatment.

I'm surprised your doctors have not performed this simple urine culture test

I suspect they may have this information in the lab and you need to contact your doctors to see if your antibiotic is still the right one to be taking.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com