Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I ate popcorn and i started getting heartburn? Later, I had

Customer Question

Hi, I ate popcorn and i started getting heartburn? Later, I had severe pain in the middle of my chest and traveled around to my upper back.
JA: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: No injuries. I take tums and sometimes Advil. I've had this 4 times before. Lasts about an hour. this time it happened last night and I still hurt, but not as bad as last night.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No, pretty healthy otherwise. Afraid to eat anything though.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 5 months ago.

Hi and thanks for the query.

This sound like acid peptic disease however, in such a case, an EKG is mandated. I would suggest that you go to the Urgent Care or the ER to have one done and also get yourself evaluated by a physician there.

I say this, because heart conditions need to be ruled out in any adult who has chest pain specially one that radiates to the back or the left arm or the shoulder. Once, heart conditions have been ruled out other more trivial conditions are easier treated.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 5 months ago.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 5 months ago.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.

Wish you good health.