Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.

I been taking teva-methacin 50 mg 2 times daily right

Customer Question

Hi, I been taking teva-methacin 50 mg 2 times daily for my right swollen and seem doesn't change much it been 3 daily any recommendation.
JA: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I'm not sure, doctor got test blood no result yet
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 3 months ago.

Hi and welcome.

Why are you using tevamethacin?

Do you have any other disease?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Cause my right foot toes is swollen Doctor said is gout it happen once 2 years ago.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for reply.

I think your doctor is right if you have high uric acid and have one sided swelling this is most likely gout. The treatment involves painkillers NSAIDs, tevamethasin is one of them . Swelling will take sometime to subside. I would suggest to followup with your doctor if it has shown no improvement after 1 to 2 weeks of treatment. You can apply ibuprofen gel over your foot along with ice therapy for about 20 to 30 minutes at least thrice a day. Avoid eating foods high in purines such as liver and sea food and take plenty of water.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 3 months ago.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 3 months ago.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.

Wish you good health.