Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine

Very recently I am having problems with my tongue. I happen

Customer Question

Hello, so very recently I am having problems with my tongue. I happen to have not bumps or red dots but more like miniature spot on the side of my tongue.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the bumps better or worse?
Customer: I actually dont feel any pain or any of that sort. Can swallow food easily and no burning sensation. I am able to taste the food properly. Its been there for some time
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Not at all
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your question.
Can you please attach a picture or two here for me to have a look at and to be able to give you a better opinion.
Thank you

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Here is a pic. doctor
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Its on the sides Dr. I am not sure if I happen to have like internal wounds on the stomach for it show on my tongue
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Are you there Dr. ?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 4 months ago.

Yes please give me a moment.

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your response.

This is not something serious or anything to worry about.

This a normal variation.

The red dots that you are seeing are prominent filiform papillae on the tongue which is normal.

So I would not worry whatsoever.

This session is open for any further questions that you may have.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.
Kindest regards