Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I lost hearing in my right ear immediately after shooting at

Customer Question

I lost hearing in my right ear immediately after shooting at the range. The ear was impacted with wax and after syringing it out, there was no improvement. MRI didn't show any damage and visually, the ear drum is fine. But yet when I open the ears my hearing comes back but rapidly goes away after 5 minutes. ENT MD says there is nothing he can do. Advice?
JA: How long have you been dealing with the ear issue? Have you had any colds or flus recently?
Customer: I happened at the end of Feb. PCP but me on antibiotic and steroids. No improvement. No colds.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I quit smoking 2 years ago and started Vaping. Other than that, no changes in my health.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thanks for your question. My name is***** and I will try to help you today. Have you had hearing tests like pure tone audiometry and tympanometery? Are you sure that your hearing comes back and then goes away? Regards

I am an assistant professor of ENT and can give you best opinion. Regards