Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

As an Employer, How would I go about finding an immunologist

Customer Question

As an Employer, How would I go about finding an immunologist who would be willing to give a second opinion about an employee with CF who has the complication of colonization of infection(s) in his/her respiratory system. We want to allow the employee to work, but his personal immunologist has given us information that we feel the need to confirm.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 9 months ago.

Hi and thanks for the query.

The best way to proceed is to seek a private consultation from an immunologist in your area. That can be valued as a second opinion in this case. But this will be done through the employees consent since all his medical records will need to be made available as well as he would be personally need to visit the immunologist.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.

Wish you good health.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I know that Dr. Uzair. My question is how to go about that, how to arrange that ... since I am not getting cooperation from medical providers I call since I am not the patient.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 9 months ago.

That is a problem. Since, a second opinion can only be sought by the patient him/herself. Or you can, on part of the patient ask a medical provider as an employer, with a written consent from the patient attached with your letter. But this can not proceed without the patient's consent.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 9 months ago.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 9 months ago.

Wish you good health.