Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I believe I have had ADHD and am finally wanting,

Customer Question

Hi.... I believe I have had ADHD and am finally wanting, desperately, to get it under control with something like Adderal. My primary doc left town and I cannot get into anyone else as a new patient for months. :( I was hoping I could find a doc online to help me try some meds.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: As I said above, my doc left town and it's months before I can get into anyone else. Walk-in clinics won't do ADHD stuff. I take ProAir inhaler as needed and Diflucan 1x week
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I don't believe so.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 5 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

It is illegal for a doctor to prescribe Adderall based on an internet discussion or assessment.

A doctor must perform a face-to-face evaluation to be able to prescribe any controlled substance, including stimulants for ADHD.