Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM.Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine

What is the normal blood count female, My sister count is

Customer Question

What is the normal white blood count for A female , My sister count is 80,691
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for this question. The normal WBC count in an adult female is between 4000 - 11,000 cells/ul. This means that your sisters WBC count is MARKEDLY elevated. This high a WBC count needs to be evaluated on an urgent basis. The first thing to do would be to get a simple peripheral film done which should be followed by a complete bone marrow biopsy. A clinical examination to look for enlarged lymph nodes anywhere in the body as well as look for enlarged liver and spleen. In addition a CT scan of the chest and abdomen would be needed as well to look for any enlarged lymph nodes in the body.

But this high a WBC count is very concerning because there are only a few conditions which can cause this elevation. This can be a severe infection but it can also be leukemia or even polycythemia rubra vera in which there is increased production of WBCs as well as other cells. I would STRONGLY recommend that you take your sister to see a hematologist as soon as possible.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

Would you to know anything else? If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.