Nadim Al-Mubarak
Nadim Al-Mubarak,
Experience:  MD at University Hospital Case Medical Center

I have taken Lisinopril-hctz 20-25 time but just found out

Customer Question

I have ta***** *****sinopril-hctz 20-25 for some time but just found out the side effects and decided to go off of it and haven't taken it for four days I was only taking it once a day so I couldn't really wean myself off of it, can this be harmful
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 3 months ago.

Yes it can.

If your blood pressure goes up.

You should not do this without doctor supervision, and you should be monitoring your blood pressure when you to it.

Please click a positive rating on the rating scale.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Expert:  Nadim Al-Mubarak replied 3 months ago.

• These are very well tolerated medications. The side effect profile is very good. What specific side effect are you concerned about? and do you have any symptoms?
  • You should go back on these medications until you had a chance to discuss it with your doctor
  • Be aware, that just because some side effects are listed on the brochure, it does not mean you will develop them. MOST of them are extremely rare and if you have been on these medications for awhile, and have not had problems, you will very unlikely develop andy of these side effects

Let me know if you have any questions. If this answers your question, please complete the rating above. It's how we get credit for the service