DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

Pain and burning in the top of my left foot. i have diabetes

Customer Question

pain and burning in the top of my left foot. i have diabetes 2. is it neuropathy
JA: How long have you been dealing with the burning? Are you experiencing any other discomfort?
Customer: about 6 mos. off and on
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I had a tumor just above my left big toe abou 5 years ago left the side of toe numb
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DR.EHTISHAM replied 5 months ago.

Hi

Welcome to JA and thanks for asking

There are two main possibilities to consider here

Firstly if you have diabetes and it is not well controlled it can be due to a neuropathy. Usually neuropathy of diabetes is something which involves both the feet. Other possibility is that if you had a tumor removed surgically from the same area at time some nerves passing in the area can get damaged and lead to burning pain like this. I would suggest you to see your doctor for an evaluation. Drugs like Pregablin are usually helpful in providing relief from such burning pain.

Good Luck

Feel free to ask if you have any more question and till you are satisfied

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Thirdly if you have this new development a possibility of recurrence of the tumor need to be excluded as well

Good Luck