Neuro Doctor
Neuro Doctor, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine

My fingernails are messed up looking especially my right

My fingernails are messed up looking especially my right hand they are not smooth in shape they have something that looks like a speed bump in the middle my doctor hasn't mentioned anything he's a friend as well as Doctor so I'm sure he'd say something if needed to worry but maybe he hadn't said anything cause I don't have any worrisome symptoms of dreaded disease that causes. Clubbing I am a smoker pack a day since 17 so basically twenty year smoker

Please attach a picture here

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Let me know if photos came through

No clubbing.

Normal looking finger nail.

please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
One last thing so even tho they bent downwards it's pretty normal looking ? I know one hundred percent they not normal like they used to be but maybe they not as bad as I making them sound I'm going to upload another pic hopefully u can see the bends I'm taking about better

Glad to look at any pics.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Can you send me the link to upload other pics ? The front of my nails seem to have become more bulbous due to me smoking more then I was last week or before that eventho before two three weeks ago or so I smoked just as much and more as I been now and I only worried cause like i mentioned in the previous messages I have been very sedentary, and I eat way less and way less healthy compared to years ago
Which further decreases boos flow and oxygen to my extremities which I'm sure contributed further to my nails having become clubbed sooner then they would have if I exercised as usual ate as usual and as healthy as usual etc etc they may not look clubbed enough in pictures I send through site but they definitely bulbous and somewhat deformed compared to before I started having mental issues wars ago which led me to smoke more then usual as well as exercise less then usual and eat less healthy and less frequent then usual
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Basically I'm wondering what you think based on what I said ? I know me asking for this advice online is a little crazy but my head so twisted wontons peak off point focus etc that I really have no choice

Your nails look fine.

Glad to look at any other pics here.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
One more question this should be the meet one
If my right hand fingernails are more deformed then my left hand fingernails due I'm sure to smoking , does this mean that my right lung which is the lung my doctor first found nodules on about 15 years ago , does it mean if my right hand nails more deformed then my left nails that my right lung is more scarred diseased damaged or sick in some way hopefully not thanks to a tumor of any kind then my left lung? This us the conclusion I come to based on what I've read up on in regards ***** ***** inherited clubbing, slight clubbing and fingernail curvature ?i ask this cause it makes sense to me how smoking causes decreased blood flow and so decreased oxygen rich blood reaching my extremities which in turn causes vascular changes where more blood flow is now going into my extremities and my guess causing the nail bed to lift in certain places and fingertips to become plump and bulbous ? I'm confused about this clubbing thing cause I know people who smoke longer and more then me but don't have it due to my guess them living an active lifestyle sort of like I once did and above all I'm wondering what this means for my long term health ? And likelihood of lung cancer due to my guess not exercising the lungs and so my lungs not expelling tar and all the other chemicals and poisons that accumulate on my lungs thanks to cigarettes I feel smoking and sedentary lifestyle way worse then smoking and being active even if internally the same damage is done but in smaller maybe slower levels ? I work everyday but it's not a physically demanding job or active either sorry for so many questions but I atress this a lot due to me smoking and basically everything I do and don't do which is very very different from how I once was so even if cigarettes were always hurting me the same when when I was active sexually physically and eating healthy and smoking less, I'm still very anxious and worried about how much worse the till cigarettes taking on my body Forvthe last almost eleven years where I living eating and smoking totally opposite as I always did when mentally I felt like myself

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with experience in treating all neurological and other medical conditions and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

I have carefully checked all these pictures, there is certainly no clubbing. If you are so concerned about serious lung diseases like cancer etc then do not keep focusing on findings like clubbing, even if you have clubbing it does not mean you have lung cancer, in your case anyway you have no clubbing, but if lung cancer concerns you so much then try to get investigated with chest CAT scan etc. As far as these pictures are concerned you are not having any clubbing of the fingers/nails.

Please let me know if you have any further questions; and if you feel you have received the answer to your question please rate me so that I can receive credit for the time and effort put by me in answering your question.

Best regards,

Neuro Doctor

Neuro Doctor, Neurologist (MD)
Experience: American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine