Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years

My husband has cirrhosis and I am not happy with s treatment

Customer Question

My husband has cirrhosis and I am not happy with his treatment he is receiving at the VA, he recently had a TIPS procedure done and has lost 17 pounds in the last 2 weeks and sleeps most of the time. They are saying his MELD score is a 3 so not eligible for a liver transplant. he never drank a day in his life, but did contract HEP C while in Viet Nam
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: he is taking flurosimide and spirolacton and recently started lactalose
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: He also has heart disease
JA: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?
Customer: his health is terrible now...since Jan he had 2 major GI bleeds, which is why they did the TIPS, but he has lost most of his muscle tone and is very slow, they said he might get confused but mostly seems just slow
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 3 months ago.

What is your question about this?