Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

My alt liver enzyme was 45 in Jan then 65 in June. And

Customer Question

My alt liver enzyme was 45 in Jan then 65 in June. And platelets were 121 in Jan and 132 in June. Concern?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No. 10 mg Crestor, 20 mg lisinopril and 40 mg corgard daily
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I'm on testosterone therapy and I am 58 years old
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer website.

Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today.

Well, the normal range of values for ALT called Aminotransferase (SGPT) is from 7 to 56 units per liter of serum. In your case reading is 65 , which is slightly raised. This is usually not of much significance.
The ranges of ALT numbers may differ slightly depending on the technique and protocols used by different laboratories.

Mild elevations in levels of the liver enzymes is normal.

Well, Certain prescription medications, including statin drugs used to control cholesterol would cause raised liver enzymes. Crestor could be factor for raised liver enzymes.

No need to worry.

This test is a fairly specific indicator of liver status. No need to worry or panic.

Regarding platelet count normal range is 150-450 billion/L. You have a value of 132, this is normal. No need to worry.

As such, with these test results, i would not be worried.

Hope this helped

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 5 months ago.

Well, Certain prescription medications, including statin drugs used to control cholesterol causes raised liver enzymes.

In your case, Crestor could have resulted in raised slightly raised ALT levels.

To be honest, This is not of any concern. No need to get panic.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh