DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

Years I have had these thing coming out of my sinus down

Customer Question

for 20+ years I have had these thing coming out of my sinus down thru the back of my nose. I can tell when it is going to break loose. At first they were very small. Now getting larger. The shape is concave looking like it had been attached to a cavity and the outer edge is a mucous greenish colored.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Are you having any breathing problems?
Customer: About 40 years. No breathing problems right now but I was hospitalized last fall for asthma which I've never had before.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Well, I'm 64 so I have elevated blood pressure, depression, etc.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DR.EHTISHAM replied 9 months ago.

Hi

Welcome to JA and thanks for asking

It seems like you have a chronic rhino sinusitis which has been giving you symptoms of repeated sinus infection. To start with these infections are mainly viral but later on bacterial infections are superimposed on it giving greenish or yellowish mucus secretions.Now if you have these symptoms quite often then i would suggest to see an ENT doctor for a detailed evaluation. The initial treatment will consist of some anti histamine and antibiotics and nasal decongestant if required. This will help in settling the infection. Now after examining you the doctor will decide if you need a surgical treatment to cure your problem or not. So plan will be to first treat the ongoing infection and then decide about the need of a surgical intervention.

Good Luck

Feel free to ask if you have any more question and till you are satisfied

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Are you there?

Please feel free to ask if you have any more queries

If you are done please leave a POSITIVE RATING so that i may be compensated for my service

Regards