Nadim Al-Mubarak
Nadim Al-Mubarak,
Experience:  MD at University Hospital Case Medical Center
16855155

I have a constant pain in the upper right part of my

Customer Question

I have a constant pain in the upper right part of my abdomen. It does hurt more when I bend over. There is a slight swelling of the of the abdominal wall and a small hard spot slightly to the left of the swelling basically in line with the center of my abdomen. It's very close to the bottom of my sternum.
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: It started probably a week ago when I was sitting in a chair kind of hunched forward. Basically it feels better when I'm either lying down on my stomach or on my back. A cold compress helps the swelling but I'm concerned about the hard spot. Essentially the only thing that makes it hurt more is bending over.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No I don't think so.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DR.EHTISHAM replied 8 months ago.

Hi

Welcome to JA and thanks for asking

Can you please send the picture of that lump?

How old are you? any other medical problem or medicines you are taking?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 8 months ago.

Hello

This can be

Gallbladder disease

duodenal ulcer

Liver problem

colon problem

The hard spot needs exam.

Often this could be a lipoma, which is a fatty tumor, not serious, but panful.

Given that gallbladder can become acute, I suggest an urgent care exam today.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

Expert:  Nadim Al-Mubarak replied 7 months ago.

Greetings

The main concern here is gallbladder infection and this needs to be urgently evaluated and treated. I would advise you to go to the Emergency Room, not an urgent care center

Best wishes