How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nadim Al-Mubarak Your Own Question
Nadim Al-Mubarak
Nadim Al-Mubarak, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 379
Experience:  MD at University Hospital Case Medical Center
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Nadim Al-Mubarak is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a constant pain in the upper right part of my

Customer Question

I have a constant pain in the upper right part of my abdomen. It does hurt more when I bend over. There is a slight swelling of the of the abdominal wall and a small hard spot slightly to the left of the swelling basically in line with the center of my abdomen. It's very close to the bottom of my sternum.
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: It started probably a week ago when I was sitting in a chair kind of hunched forward. Basically it feels better when I'm either lying down on my stomach or on my back. A cold compress helps the swelling but I'm concerned about the hard spot. Essentially the only thing that makes it hurt more is bending over.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No I don't think so.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DR.EHTISHAM replied 11 months ago.


Welcome to JA and thanks for asking

Can you please send the picture of that lump?

Expert:  DR.EHTISHAM replied 11 months ago.

How old are you? any other medical problem or medicines you are taking?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 11 months ago.


This can be

Gallbladder disease

duodenal ulcer

Liver problem

colon problem

The hard spot needs exam.

Often this could be a lipoma, which is a fatty tumor, not serious, but panful.

Given that gallbladder can become acute, I suggest an urgent care exam today.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here

Expert:  Nadim Al-Mubarak replied 11 months ago.


The main concern here is gallbladder infection and this needs to be urgently evaluated and treated. I would advise you to go to the Emergency Room, not an urgent care center

Best wishes