Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I text a little bit ago. I'm 59 female and have had severe

Customer Question

I text a little bit ago. I'm 59 female and have had severe abdominal pain mainly today. I was bit by a noseeuem bug I believe about 3 weeks ago. Ever since I've had diarrhea and cramping in lower abdomen. Feel like I have to go but can't. Don't know if this is related or not.
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: Pain more this past week but laying down is the best thing. Once I walk it hurts more
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Nothing really. I've been pretty well for most of my life. Minor things. I don't know if it diverticulitis or something of that nature. My colonoscopy a couple years ago was fine. I'm On no medications or haven't been for a long time.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 6 months ago.

Dear customer,

Thanks for your question.

As you have rightly identified one of the cause for the pain could be diverticulitis. However there are many other causes and to diagnose the exact cause imaging studies such as an ultrasound scan or even a CT scan needs to be done. Glad to hear that your colonoscopy was fine and was done recently. For the cramping abdominal pain you may take an over-the-counter pain reliever, such as Tylenol and a prescription medication for the spasms such as Bentyl. Therefore due to the severe abdominal pain that you are presently having I would strongly advise you to go to the ER since certain acute conditions that need to be treated immediately need to be investigated and looked for to prevent complications and also for the treatment.

Take care.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok thank you

Dear customer,

Thanks for your reply.

Please rate the answer with a positive rating.

Thanks.