Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM.Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

I was wondering what the medical dangers might be when using

Customer Question

Hi, I was wondering what the medical dangers might be when using a butt plug? I've tried looking online but can't find any answers. Thank you
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 7 months ago.

Well there are a number of problems which you can experience while inserting a butt plug into your anus which can include,

1) Anal tears

2) rectal tears

3) introduction of a infection into the anus and rectum leading to proctitis as well as other serious infections

4) if you push up too far, it can become lodged into the rectum leading to intestinal obstruction which can lead to you needing surgery to remove it

5) Damage to the anal sphincters

6) recurrent use of butt plus can loosen the sphincters and may cause fecal incontinence in the long run

7) Anal Fissures - which can cause pain while defecating and also bleeding

8) Anal bleeding

These are only some of the complications which can occur with use of anal toys.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Would you to know anything else? If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can ask followup questions after the rating.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 7 months ago.

This is Dr. David

there are risks with using a butt plug

but if you take some special precautions you can avoid these medical dangers.

make sure you wash your plug and your hands with antibacterial soap and warm water before and after use

make sure you use water based lubricants to ease the plug in

don't use larger plugs than you can take. start small.

if you have any discomfort or pain, stop.

go slow.

never insert a plug all the way in so it disappears.

if you follow simple common sense steps you can avoid medical dangerous from using butt plugs

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Hello again,

That is true while the dangers are present they can be avoided while using the butt plugs. It is important to monitor yourself for any sort of pain, if you do develop any bleeding do stop immediately.

Infections are a common issue which should be avoided by washing the plug repeatedly with antibacterial soap. Hygiene is key here.