DrHoellering
DrHoellering, Doctor
Experience:  Doctor of internal and general medicine self employed
61885400

Upper body gastric like pain. Burning pain across chest from

Customer Question

Upper body gastric like pain. Burning pain across chest from one side to other, bitter taste in mouth as with heartburn.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrHoellering replied 9 months ago.

Hi there,

This is likely to be caused by gastritis. I suggest to see a doctor to confirm that. It is quite uncommon that a heart pain feels burning, but it is not possible to exclude it from the far!

If not possible you may want to try Omeprazole or Pantoprazole. Both can block gastric acid much better and longer than Pepto Bismol can. Both have to be taken on empty stomach (from 5 hours after the last meal on) once a day. Their effect lasts 24 hours, which ist helpful during the night. Pepto Bismol would habve to bee taken 4 times daily, once during nighttime.

Please refrain from hot and spicy food, alcohol, coffee and gassed drinks.

I wish you a soon recovery and thank you for a positive rating of my quick help.