Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I was recently screened gallbladder and diagnosed with many

Customer Question

I was recently screened for my gallbladder and diagnosed with many little liver lesions. I'm having off/on pain in upper right quadrant. My blood tests were all normal. I do not want to undergo CAT scan for radiation exposure. Can an MRI be used instead? What is my risk level? 33 year old female, 4'11, 95lbs
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
What are the odds of bleeding or rupturing? I'm not currently on contraceptives and have not been so in last 3 years. What would help with pain in upper right side? Is the pain a sign that something is wrong? Will lesions ever dissolve on their own?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
What is my liver cancer risk?
Expert:  Neuro Doctor replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with experience in treating all neurological and other medical conditions and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

The findings in the liver does not automatically mean something serious.

There are many benign conditions too that can cause such lesions in the liver.

This needs to be investigated further to find out the precise cause for these multiple lesions.

If you are worried about radiation exposure then an MRI can be arranged instead of CAT scan

Your blood tests all being normal risk of bleeding or rupture is very low.

Pain can be treated with relatively safer pain meds like Tylenol

Chances or cancer can only be told after completing all the investigations, but please see that the type of lesions you are having in the liver can very well be benign non-cancerous lesions too, so please not to panic now. The lesions are small, the blood tests are all normal, all these increases the chances that this could be some non-cancerous condition.

Please let me know if you have any further questions; and if you feel you have received the answer to your question please rate me so that I can receive credit for the time and effort put by me in answering your question.

Best regards,

Neuro Doctor

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 9 months ago.

I am sorry for the interruption.

Due to some technical error,reply is posted here.

Please carry on with the above expert.

I apologize.

Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 9 months ago.

The system says that you have requested a new expert.

Do you have the report that describes the liver lesions?

If so, can you attach the report after blocking out your name and any personal information?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No, I do not have any reports.