Schuyler - ANP
Schuyler - ANP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  MS, BS, RN Hospitalist and Private Practice experience
3157612

Do you have current info on Joint Repair RX from Austin

Customer Question

Do you have current info on Joint Repair RX from Austin Herbal Sciences and the cost of it?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No. I just received a brochure today. Losartin and some supplements.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: My knees are very weak and hurt. I had a very slight (Pre) stroke--there are 3 initials for it, but I don't recall for sure. I am 85.
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?
Customer: Slight swelling in one ankle occasionally. Weather, twisting my knee, sometimes it just "goes out from under me". I'm having to use a cane much of the time.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Schuyler - ANP replied 5 months ago.

There are numerous complaints about this company with the Better Business Bureau which gives it only a C- rating on a scale from A+ to F. It has made other supplements, but I could find none called Joint Repair Rx. Most joint supplements contain chondroitin, glucosamine, MSM and perhaps a few herbs. Some contain willow bark which is a precursor for aspirin. Typically Austin products cost about $70 for a bottle (a $30 supply). You can buy similar supplements at Costco, Walmart, or Sam's Club for well under half that.

Since they are supplements and not drugs, they aren't studied for effectiveness. Glucosamine and chondroitin have been well studied show little improvement for either pain relief or joint damage when compared with placebo.

Kind regards,

Schuyler

~