Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM.Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine

I have a large hemmohorid The other day I had a stool was

Customer Question

I have a large hemmohorid The other day I had a bm stool was normal no blood on the stool. However There was blood on the tolet paperIt happen twice. I took ansol and it cleared up the blood but the stools a small. I had a colonoscopy 2,6 years ago everthing was ok .Told me to come back in 5 year. Does a large hemmohorid cause stools to be narrow? No pain.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 4 months ago.

im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Well presence of blood on the toilet paper does indicate that you could have a hemorrhoid in the region. Sometimes hemorrhoids may cause the stool to be narrow however usually narrow stools can be due to other more significant conditions. I think you meant to say you had a colonoscopy 2 years ago? regardless these narrow stools can be due to hemorrhoids but at the same time these can be due to rectal polyps, or anal polyps. These can also be the consequence of ulcers in the rectum and even anal fissures in some cases.

So while a hemorrhoid could cause this i would be more concerned about the other causes which can cause narrow stools and blood on the toilet paper. I would suggest that you get a proctoscopy done and this should be followed by a repeat colonoscopy if needed. This would be the best and safest course of action right now.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

Would you like to know anything else? If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can ask followup questions after the rating.