DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

Had patella repair year ago clean break so it is sutures

Customer Question

Had patella repair year ago clean break so it is sutures together. Notice 3pea size hard lumps near incision on knee cap. Is this common and what could it be
JA: How long have you had the lump? Is it hard or soft?
Customer: Noticed them over a month ago and they are hard but don't hurt to the touch
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have hypothyroidism and osteoporosis. 69 years of age. Have not contacted my surgeon yet
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 10 months ago.

Hello

It is not uncommon.

It can be simple scarring, pockets in the scar, concretions, etc.

All harmless.

However, your surgeon needs to examine this.

I do not think it is a problem.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am going to see my surgeon next week. They don't hurt unless I press hard on them. I've been a bit worried but assumed it was related to the surgery.

Yes correct.

Please click a positive rating.

I think you will be fine.