How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 52050
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was unfortunate enough to be mistaken tablet PREX and one

Customer Question

I was unfortunate enough to be mistaken tablet HIPREX and one small button cell battery for almost 10 hours ago.
I have enough vomited up everything other than the battery, constant tinting solution sense , hurt the bottom of the neck and it hurts insanely much .
Now temperatures etc gone up to 39.6 degrees and some chilliness .
Coming up yourself ? pneumonia ?
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for this question

You swallowed a button battery?

This is EXTREMELY dangerous and can result in death very rapidly if not resolved

I'm not trying to scare you but you need to go to ER immediately

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

Thanks for using

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Oky.I think that is like swelling fishbone,that it will comeout the «naturalway».What are doing this so dangerous?
What will they do in ER?Sent from Norway
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 4 months ago.

The button batteries can burn through your esophagus

they will remove it via scope

Related Medical Questions