Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM.Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine

Past 3 days my BP has been very gh, up to 168/108 with

Customer Question

Good morning. For the past 3 days my BP has been very high, up to 168/108 with shortness of breath and chest discomfort. Today I am still having chest discomfort and shortness of breath but now my BP is 110/55. Do I need to be concerned and head to the ER?
JA: When was last time you had a check up? Is there a history of high blood pressure in your family?
Customer: But even several years and yes history of high BP and heart disease
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: High BP years ago but with a healthy lifestyle change my BP has been normal for 5 years
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 4 months ago.

Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Well the chest discomfort and shortness of breath are VERY concerning and you definitely need to head to the ER ASAP. DO NOT delay, these symptoms are most likely related to the heart. Considering your past history of high blood pressure and heart disease, this should NOT be ta***** *****ghtly. Even if your BP is on the lower side the chest discomfort by itself means that this needs to be evaluated as soon as possible with a EKG and a set of cardiac enzymes. I would STRONGLY advise you to head to the ER now.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

Would you like to know anything else? If done for now,remember to leave a POSITIVE rating as that is how we are compensated.