Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

Is it possible gallbladder ejection to improve? I had a DA

Customer Question

Is it possible for my gallbladder ejection to improve? I had a HIDA scan in 2010 and the ejection fraction was 18 percent. I had another scan last week and the fraction was 77percent. I'm a bit confused to say the least
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 6 months ago.

Hi, Dr Stan here to help you today. Your gallbladder scan seems to have improved from the scan in 2010. You have changed your diet which has helped. At the time of the first scan you probably had acute spasm in the gallbladder as well as stone(s). Was that treated? There is some blockage now, which is most likely stones or slug in the gallbladder. Are you having any pain? Do you plan to have surgery? I am here to answer any additional questions you may have and a positive rating is always appreciated.