khagihara
khagihara, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.
20084961

Will an Endocrinologists be able to help me with my

Customer Question

Will an Endocrinologists be able to help me with my situation:
Had stomach removed at the Mayo in Minn. Before this I threw up for 3 years about 3-5 times a day, very malnourished and lost an enormous amount of bone mass - I was 90 lbs by the time I got help and diagnosed at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn. To add to the high bone loss (osteo) I also have degenerate arthritis. My purpose for your possible help is that I was put on 2 bond loss meds and had very bad reactions to both. On infusion, the other pills. Since I have no stomach my primary said there is nothing else can be done for me in the way of bone loss and meds to help slow it down or maintain. I now have ezema as a result of the meds I was on. I break out on face, elbow, knees and head. I use cortizone cream and it helps some, but I really need help with these break outs and would love to find some thing to help with bone density situation. Would a Endocrinologist be able to help me with this? My primary recommended that this might be the path I need to go? Thank you, ***** *****
Category: Medical
Expert:  khagihara replied 8 months ago.

Since you are allergic to the medications (bisphosphonates), you should try teriparatide, denosumab, or raloxifen. You should see an endocrinologist. Kurt A. Kennel, M.D. is a specialist in endocrinology at Mayo Clinic in Rochester.