DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

Since having a L5 S1 fusion in2013 I have experienced

Customer Question

Since having a L5 S1 fusion in2013 I have experienced constant burning severe vaginal pain. I have gone to a GYN who gave me various salves that are useless. A pain specialist has done epidurals which are not helpful. can you help
JA: How long have you been dealing with the burning? Are you experiencing any other discomfort?
Customer: Since 2013. the other issue is fecal incontinance which i deal with by eating as little as possible and staying away from people
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: i dont think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DR.EHTISHAM replied 5 months ago.

Hi

Welcome to JA and thanks for asking

Now there is a possibility that your symptoms can be due to the post surgical sequel of disc fusion as such a surgery can lead to irritation of the nerve which supply the vagina and surrounding area. If your symptoms are not settling than you can try various medicines which usually help in a pain secondary to nerve irritation like pregabalin or amytryptaline to name a few . These medicines do relieve a neuropathic pain. In the mean time i assume that your gynecologist has ruled out any infection in that area as it can also lead to a burning sensation.

Good Luck

Feel free to ask if you have any more question and till you are satisfied

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Regards

As this is likely a surgery related complication so it will be better with these medicines and you will feel a relief in your symptoms

Good Luck

Regards