Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)
16766337

I cut my pointer finger opening a can of cannellini beans

Customer Question

I cut my pointer finger opening a can of cannellini beans last night, i cleaned the cut really well with soap and water. It bled for a while, and then finally stopped. I woke up in the middle of the night because my hand started hurting on the lower part of my thumb but it is weird because the cut was on my pointer finger. I finally fell back asleep. but now I am at work and my neck is starting to hurt. do you think that is ok? do you think it might be tetnus? or maybe i slept on it wrong but it wasnt hurting earlier.
JA: How long have you been dealing with the neck pain? Are you experiencing any numbness or tingling?
Customer: for about a half hour now
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: um no numbness
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 5 months ago.

Hi there ...

Thank you for the question ...

This is highly unlikely the Tetanus , and Tetanus presentation is not so abrupt .

This could be bad sleeping posture , this is not Tetanus .

Take pain killer like Tab Advil and relax .

Good luck .

Please rate my answer as good service .

Thanks .