Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I woke up this morning with a 4" bruise just bellow my belly

Customer Question

I woke up this morning with a 4 " bruise just bellow my belly line. I didn't recall hitting that area to cause it. When I felt around the bruise, I found a hardened area that felt like it was an peanut size cyst at the top of the bruised area. It is not sore to the touch, but i can feel some discomort growing there. This could be sychosymatic since it has gotten more noticeable since I started worrying what it might be. I have been regular and have had no constipation aside from a couple of hard starts recently. I am currently on blood thinners and medication from a stent put in last september.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 5 months ago.

This is Dr. David

being on blood thinners can cause you to bleed and bruise very easily

you can even hit yourself at night time during your sleep and not know it and cause a bruise that way.

you should use some ice or cold packs on the bruise to help decrease swelling and pain

some bruises can take weeks to months to slowly get better as your body slowly reabsorbes the blood out of the soft tissue there cell by cell.

if you are on coumadin (warfarin) you may need blood test to check your blood levels to make sure they are correct and that your dose is not too high

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

do you have any other questions?