Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I have chronic pancreatitis and my doctor has uped my

Customer Question

I have chronic pancreatitis and my doctor has uped my fentynal patch to 100. I have some 75s left over and also some 25s from eariler. Want to know if it would be ok to use the 75 and 25 to use them up or if I should just go to the 100. is there a difference between wearing the two as aposed to the one Thank you
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 5 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

Yes, it would generally be OK to combine the 25 patches with the 75 patches until they are used up. This would be equivalent to using the 100 patches.

The only potential issue in this situation would be whether the older 25 patches are still good. If the patches are not yet beyond the expiration date and they have been stored properly, then they would still be OK to use. Poor storage conditions would be much more likely to have an adverse effect over longer storage periods. The patches should have been stored at room temperature and away from excessive heat and moisture.

So, if the 25 patches are in date and have been stored properly, it would be fine to combine them with the 75 patches until they are used up.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.