Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

My daughter is 24 yo. She vomits everyday and get severe

Customer Question

My daughter is 24 yo. She vomits everyday and get severe stomach cramps. This has been going on for several months. It doesn't seem to be related to any specific food. It will happen everyday for weeks and sometimes she will be OK for a few days.
She has an appointment with a GI specialist, but it is 2 months away. Hard to get an appointment any sooner.
Any idea of what this could be?
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
She had her gall bladder removed about 3 years ago.
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 5 months ago.

Hello

Welcome to Justanswer website.

Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern

Is she taking any medication?

Ever blood in vomiting?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No meds and as far as I know no blood in vomit.
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 5 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for the quick reply.

The most common causes of chronic persistent vomiting are gastritis,other stomach problems,central causes (signals from the brain),motion sickness, labyrinthitis, benign postural vertigo, or Meniere's disease.

Gastritis or labyrinthitis seems to be the most probable cause.

Other less likely causes can be: concussions, encephalitis, meningitis, intestinal blockage, appendicitis, migraine headaches.

She need:ultrasound of lower abdomen, endoscopy or EGD,stool examination tests are required.

The exact diagnosis can only be made after physical examination & tests.

Till then take tab meclizine hydrochloride ( brand name: Dramamine).This will help you greatly in stopping the vomiting.It is available as OTC. Watch the symptoms for the next 3 days.

Its good that she has already booked an appointment with GI doctor but it is 2 months away,so till then she can take tab meclizine hydrochloride ( brand name: Dramamine).This will help her greatly in stopping the vomiting.It is available as OTC(over the counter) & will help her greatly.

Hope this helped

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 5 months ago.

Dear customer

Is there anything else that you would like to know. I am more then happy to address if you have any follow-up questions.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh