Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)

Two weeks ago I had spetoplasty surgery with turbine tissue

Customer Question

Two weeks ago I had spetoplasty surgery with turbine tissue reduction. I am experiencing a substantial amount of congestion in my sinus and nasal cavities, and my ears are plugged. I want to know if it will be OK if I use an OTC nasal spray (like Afrin) or my prescribed Qnasl steroidal spray to help ellaviate the inflammation that is the cause of the congestion. I called my surgeon, but he is out of the office. My follow-up appointment went well and I am healing nicely. I have been doing saline nasal rinses daily, but it is not helping the symptoms. Neither is taking NSAIDs, which the surgeon told me I could during my follow-up.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 4 months ago.

Hi there ...

Thank you for the question ...

Afrin contains Oxymetazoline and is good choice to relief congestion post septoplasty .

You can use it for relief , and as you reach your surgeon discuss him further management .

Good luck .

Please rate my answer as good service .

Thanks .