Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.

I just had a total knee replacement 8 weeks ago - 3 days ago

Customer Question

I just had a total knee replacement 8 weeks ago - 3 days ago I found a tick (common dog tick) with its head embedded in my right arm. A nurse practitioner removed the head but would not prescribe any antibiotics - I felt that I should have had one or two prescribed antibiotics and he said to come back in couple weeks to see how I was doing - even before - I found the tick I was achy in all my joints and bones, I am taking aspirin and Baclofen but still have this pain in my back, neck, shoulders and legs. What is your take on this...I'm a 62 year old male with no other health problems
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 months ago.

This is Dr. David

the vast majority of tick bites don't spread infection or lyme disease

since you are having joint pains and aches, you can get a blood test for lyme titer in your system

lyme disease can cause new fevers, aches and pains and rash on your skin. if you have these symptoms, then you need antibiotic therapy.

if you have had aches and pains in your back and neck and shoulder and legs before the tick bite, then most likely it is not due to the tick bite.

do you have fevers?

are these aches new?