Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I am taking plavix 75mg, Ramipril 5mg and Ambien 10mg

Customer Question

I am taking plavix 75mg, Ramipril 5mg and Ambien 10mg for sleep nexium40mg, dulera for asthma.My health issues . I had stent put in 2 weeks ago in a diagonal artery. I have sleep apnea. I sufferer from anxiety and depression. I have Barrett's esphogus a hiatus hernia which was operated on 12 years ago. I am still have problems with. It feels like when i eat everything gets stuck . I can't belch or pass gas to get relief. I really don't want another surgery. Any suggestions? I also need a focus medicine. I am thinking about Pristiq or Welibutrin. Which do u recommend for someone that does high intensity and endurance training with the least amount of side effect? And has no sexual side effect. If there is a better medicine to recommend please let no so I can discuss with my Doctor.
Category: Medical
Expert:  khagihara replied 5 months ago.

When did you have upper GI endoscopy last time? You should take Wellbutrin or Remeron which doesn't have sexual side effect.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I had one in February. The Gi Doctor said my hernia repair was not working anymore. I'm not want to have it done a second time. I didn't now if there was a alternative? I have read about wellibutrim but not Remeron . I don't want anything sedating . I want to be able to enhance my exercise training or not affect in anyway. All I tried all the ssri they didn't work for me.

Is it sliding hiatus hernia or paraesophageal hernia? You should take Remeron at bed time. So there is no sedation during the day time. Some people like Wellbutrin and others like Remeron. You should try it.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am a ex college athlete . I have trained hard all my life. I started having mental trouble about 4 years ago . I have a very hard time focusing and finishing task. After many different medicines they tried me on Adderal . It worked great for me. Then I started having penis issues and sexual side affects. Since that time no other medicine has worked for me. Vyvannse didn't work. Adderal was even enhanced my training. If you take Remeron at night would I still need Ambien? And is there any other crazy meds from all the different categories that work like Adderal without sexual side affects. Thanks

You don't need to take Ambien. Remeron would make you sleep well. Adderal is for ADHD. Since you have anxiety and depression, that kind of medications might not be good for you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Adderal really worked great for me. I could focus and finish any task. It enhanced my exercise . My anxiety and depression sorta went away because I could accomplish things. But it had sexual side affects . So I gave it up and have very high anxiety and depression. The numerous other meds I have tried didn't work. They either put me to sleep and couldn't get anything done. Or they sedating to the point I didn't care about anything. Plus they zap your energy during exercise. That's why I asked if there was any other categories of meds that might have the same enhancement as Adderal without penis trouble?

Have you tried energy drinks containing caffeine? It doesn't cause sexual problems. But it could cause anxiety.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
they me terrible headaches. My system does not do well on caffeine. They will actually raise your heart in early part of training and it's hard to finish workout. Adderal didn't do that to me. It actually gave me more energy. I would take early in the morning . And one 30xr lasted me all day . But I couldn't get a erection will taking it. I thought there might be a different med in a different family have the same energy focus ability. Ritalin none other ones worked for me. Thanks

There are no different kinds of medications for you. You should take adderall. When you want erection, you should take medications such as Viagra.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
That was the problem when I took Adderal. Viagra wouldn't even work. That's why I quit it and looking for something new.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I tried viagra for the Adderal side effects . That didn't work . Still couldn't get erection. That is why I quit Adderal . And I thought u might have suggestions.

Have you tried self-injections to the penis with alprostadil, papaverine, and phentolamine? Have you tried alprostadil urethral suppository? They are more effective than viagra.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No because my penis is fine without Adderal. I don't have
ED unless I takes Adderal . That's
why I quit Adderal. Adderal worked
for me in every way except the sexual part. That's why I was asking about different medicines from different med groups.
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 5 months ago.
Hello!
Ask your doctor as to try Strattera for your ADD
It is less likely to cause problem of erectile dysfunction vs Adderall
Strattera is different class medication than either Adderall or Ritalin ...
This may be of help to your ADD without causing ED side effects
I hope that this information is helpful for you
Let me know if you have further questions or concerns
I will be happy to get back with you
If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback
Thank you and Best Regards,
Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for sugestion of strattera. I will talk to my Dr about this medicine Thursday. I take make Ramipril 5mg in the morning before exercise along with protonix . If prescribed Straterra should I take it before or after exercise? The for Ramipril before or after exercise ? I take my my plavix 75mg at night. Is that ok or should it be taken at different time? Thanks for your help

Hello!

It would be OK for you to take both the Ramipril and Strattera in the AM ...my preference would be take Ramipril first AM prior to exercise and Strattera AM after exercise ...

I hope that this is helpful for you

Best regards,

Anthony Bray MD