DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

Just re-injured my upper and lower back and my neck. This is

Customer Question

just re-injured my upper and lower back and my neck. This is chronic pain from a car accident almost 15 years ago. Other than going to an ER or waiting a week for an appointment with my Dr, is there a way to get a strong muscle relaxer and pain medication?
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Are you experiencing any numbness or tingling?
Customer: Since 2002 but the flare-up happened last night. No numbness or tingling down my legs, which is what my Dr always asks me
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No, otherwise I'm fairly healthy
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DR.EHTISHAM replied 5 months ago.

Hi

sorry to hear this

To relieve your pain you can take Tylenol or Motrin ( Ibuproen). These are available over the counter and you won,t be requiring prescription for it.

Other than that for relief of pain you can apply local heat pads over the most painful area. If your pain doesn,t get better with above measures than you will need even strong analgesics containing opioids for which you will require prescription. In the meantime if you develop any other symptoms like weakness of limbs,numbness,urinaryor bowel related symptoms( retention or fecal incontinence ) you will need to seek immediate medical attention.

Good Luck

Feel free to ask if you have any more question and till you are satisfied

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I've tried Aleve, Advil and Tylenol. Nothing is working. The back is tight and it's hard to move or walk. OTC pain medications are not working. Is there a way to get prescription for muscle relaxer and stronger pain medication online?

Sorry to hear this

If these over the counter stuff is not working then you will have to see the doctor for prescription of more potent drugs

Regards

Feel free to ask if you have any more query