khagihara, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.

My esophagus is clogged. What can I do. I 't have a lapband.

Customer Question

My esophagus is clogged. What can I do. I don't have a lapband. And I have already vomited all that I can get up. I ate some very dry fish.
Category: Medical
Expert:  khagihara replied 4 months ago.

How tall are you? How much do you weigh? Any weigh change? Does anything make it better or worse? Can you drink liquid? When did it start? Is it consistent? Is it getting worse? When you swallow food, do you have throat pain? Any other symptoms? Are you aware of anything which might have triggered it? Any medical problems? Any surgeries? Any medications including over-the-counter pills and herbs? Any family medical history?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm 5'5". Weight 135. No weight change. I'm finally able to drink water and feel much better now. I had no pain, just unable to swallow saliva. I was able to spit up a little. All better now, thanks.

Although I think it is a temporary sysmptom, you should see a GI doctor to have endoscopy to see if there is a lesions which causes a swallowing problem such as narrowing, pouch, and mass.