Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

My Mother has a feeding tube in her stomach. Skin of two

Customer Question

My Mother has a feeding tube in her stomach. Skin of two inches to one side is red, hard and tube cannot turn or go up and down. Tube is working fine but was block 5 days ago and warm water into tube unblocked it. Too much wAter got into the balloon or did the round disc anchor get under inner skin?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 5 months ago.

Hi and welcome.

There seems to be some problem, most likely disc displacement. Redness and hardness of the surrounding skin signifies inflammation and chances of infection are there. I would recommend to get it examined by a doctor so that anything misplaced can be fixed timely. Wash it thoroughly with warm water as well.

Let m know if you have further questions.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 5 months ago.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 5 months ago.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Regards.