Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.

I am getting yellowish upper eyelids. I am 54 years old. I

Customer Question

I am getting yellowish upper eyelids. I am 54 years old. I have crohns disease and had 2 episodes of Vasculitis, but they were unable to determine which type. I feel fine now so I don't think it is those conditions.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is your eyelid swollen at all?
Customer: about a month. My eyelids are not swollen and there is no pain.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I take metoprolol 25 for palpitations I was having. They are thinking of taking me off of it because the palpitations have been gone for some time now.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 4 months ago.

I'm DR Chaithanya attending yu

Yellowish eyelids when localized can be due a developing chalazion or stye

If it is diffuse discoloration or yellow marks, commonly termed as Xanthelasma

This is usually linked to developing heart disease and is usually soft cholesterol deposits

So get cholesterol levels checked along with a complete heart examination, ECG, Echo, TMT test

I also want you to get liver and kidney tests done.

Hope this helps

Please leave a positive rating at the top right corner of the page, only then I'm compensated for the answer.

Any bonus I appreciate

Best Regards

Expert:  Nadim Al-Mubarak replied 4 months ago.

• You have history of vasculitis and this is likely to be related to the same process
  • This could be normo-lipidaemic xanthelasma, commonly seen in Wegener's granulomatosis or lupus, both are associated with vasculitis
  • They could also be part of familial hypercholesterolemia, in which case you will need a full lipid profile, not necessary extensive heart testing
  • I would advise you to get checked out by the doctor who treated your vasculitis who should also consider lipid testing

Let me know if you have any further questions. Best wishes

Do you have further questions?