Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc

Recent onset of numbness in my legs when sitting and

Customer Question

Recent onset of numbness in my legs when sitting and sometimes when lying down
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?
Customer: Slight swelling in legs, but this is not new. Goes away by morning. Numbness improves when I stand and walk. But I sit on the same furniture as before.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Recently (last October) diagnosed with Atrial Fib. On Xarelto since November Recent Echocardiogram was neg.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 4 months ago.

You need an MRI of the lower spine.

This can be compression of the nerves there, and even of the spinal cord.

This should be don without delay.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here