Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

SOME PAIN ON MY LEFT SIDE STOMACH, I WENT TO ER AND THEY WAS

Customer Question

IM HAVING SOME PAIN ON MY LEFT SIDE STOMACH, I WENT TO ER AND THEY WAS RULING OUT CRACKED OR FRACTURED RIB, AND SAID IT WAS EXOSKELETON MUSCLE THAT HAS BEEN PULLED OR STRAINED, IS THERE SUCH A THING?
JA: How long have you been in pain? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?
Customer: SINCE WEDNESDAY AND YES, NAUSEA AND DIARRHEA.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING TO ***** CALL FOR A PULL MUSCLE..
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 5 months ago.

Hello

Yes.

this simply means that a muscle that attaches to bone has been pulled or strained.

There is such a thing.

You can strain muscles even in normal activities.

I do suggest however that you do not rely on the ER and that you have a follow up exam with your doctor.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/