DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I am certain I have RLS and 't know how to combat

Customer Question

I am certain I have RLS and don't know how to combat it's effects. I am losing a lot of sleep because of it. I've tried roll on joint pain reliever, Tylenol PM, walking, warm bath, and chamomile tea. Can you suggest a successful remedy?
Category: Medical
Expert:  DR.EHTISHAM replied 5 months ago.

Hi

Thanks for asking

Restless leg syndrome is quite a common disorder

Despite the medicines which you have already used there are some other medicines which have been found useful in this condition.These includes drugs like pregabalin or gabapentin,benzodiazepines,ropiniorole and few others.

Even opioid and pramipexole are also helpful in this condition.

Now as you have not yet confirmed your suspicion of having RLS it is wise to see a doctor for an evaluation and if found to have this problem then a prescription for one of these medicine can be given.

RLS is often time a disease which is well controlled with medicines .Before being labelled as idiopathic RLS some blood work is also required to make sure that there is no other cause for the RLS .Coommonly blood should be tested for iron deficiency,blood glucose level,kidney functions and folate and B-12 levels should be done.

Feel free to ask if you have any more questions.

If you are satisfied don,t forget to leave a POSITIVE FEEDBACK so that i can be paid for my service.

Good Luck