Neuro Doctor
Neuro Doctor, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
56178413

My skin under my armpits is uncomfortable, but there is no

Customer Question

My skin under my armpits is uncomfortable, but there is no rash. It's not pain, just discomfort
JA: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?
Customer: This is day 3 and it teels like it's spreading. Nails are fine
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Neuro Doctor replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Doctor and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

I am typing some questions so that I can gather additional information related to your health concerns, I will post the questions here as soon as they are ready.

1) Your age?

2) Any recent history of traumas to arm pit area?

3) Any Diabetes, thyroid diseases etc?

4) Have you had this type of skin issue ever before?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm 42
No trauma to area
No disease
Never had this skin issue before

Thanks, ***** ***** question, is the symptom confined just to the skin, or the tissues under the skin too appears to be affected?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
How do I tell that? It feels like just the skin. Under the pits have a slight yellowish hue upon further review

Okay I see, Yes I agree with you it is not easy to tell whether it is from the skin or structures beneath the skin too are involved. But you may please pinch, lift and pull the affected skin to one side and with a finger from other hand press the area and try to feel any discomfort. It is difficult to do, if possible please try it.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no discomfort from pressing

Thanks for all these additional information. I am typing the answer now and I will post my answer here as soon as it is ready.

Okay I am ready and I am posting my answer here.

I agree with you, this does appear to be confined just to the skin rather than involving the structures under the skin too.

While this being a new symptom, and also it is now possibly spreading too so I can fully understand your concerns, you are very much worried whether this could be something serious in nature. But with experience I can reassure you this is most likely not related to anything serious.

Since there are no additional symptoms like any rash, no actual pain, or any other local clear cut findings it will be difficult to arrive at a very specific diagnosis immediately, that too without examining the affected area. While there appears some yellowish hue too but it is still difficult to conclude anything. This needs to be examined by a Dr, and if required some investigations too need to arranged.

While this needs to be checked by your Dr in the clinic asap, however any serious possibilities appear very less likely.

Please let me know if you have any further questions; and if you feel you have received the answer to your question please rate me so that I can receive credit for the time and effort put by me in answering your question.

Best regards,

Customer/p>